Friday, September 17, 2010

How do I download my printer backbone to my computer?

I enjoy gone to all the net sites and none of them will work. I have even be to the lexmark website because it is a lexmark X1240. I do not have the disc and I do not know anyone next to the disc. What do I do now?

How do I download my printer backbone to my computer?

Take the printer out down your house and burn it.
http://support.lexmark.com/cgi-perl/sele...





use the auto detect feature. if it cannot find one after you may need to update to a newer printer.
If you are running Windows XP next it should auto-detect the printer and install a generic driver for it. You have to delete the current driver, unplug the printer, restart the computer....and when you receive back to your desktop plug the printer spinal column in and it should auto-detect itself as i explained.



OR ....the "Lexmark 1200 Series" driver works fine for the 1240 model. So download that instead of specifically looking for the "1240" model driver.



Hope it help and good luck!
robin summer rentals

No comments:

Post a Comment