Wednesday, September 15, 2010

How do I connect my printer?

I hold a Dell Domension E510 and a Lexmark printer and I am trying to find out the heck to connect my printer to the tower? The cable from the printer doesn't seem to fit anywhere contained by the tower and i'm not the most technology savvy so i'm lost. I have a treatise I need to write and enjoy no where to print it if I don't obtain it hooked up, any help would be greatly appreciated, gratefulness!

How do I connect my printer?

Sounds like the Printer come with a Parallel cable. The ports for this type of cable aren't on most home computers anymore. A usb cable is more than promising what you need.
use an USB cable and connect it within any usb port front or back, best is put money on so wont see the cable all time.
I suggest that you travel to your local computer shop and ask then for the proper nouns cable, one that will connect the two devices together. Or, they might not be compatible.
Your computer may be an older model that did'nt enjoy usb connections if thats the case you can find a PCI card that will upgrade it with usb connectors they are available cheap at http://www.tigerdirect.com

No comments:

Post a Comment